Save money and water all at the same time through rebate programs! Rebates on turf replacement and water saving devices may help you lower your water bill and are good for sustainability.
The Turf Replacement Rebate Program helps you remove your existing grass and replace it with drought tolerant landscape. You use less water and create a more sustainable habitat on your property. Each turf replacement project includes:
- Approximately $2.00 per square foot of turf removed.
- 3 plants per 100 square feet of area transformed.
- A stormwater retention feature – this directs rainwater to areas in the landscape that allows for percolation back into the ground rather than stormwater running off into the street.
- Replacement or modification of inefficient spray sprinklers.
Click here to learn more about the Bewaterwise.com turf rebate program.
You may also be able to get rebates on water saving devices such as:
- High-efficiency clothes washers
- High-efficiency toilets
- Rain barrels and cisterns
- Weather based irrigation controllers – detects rainfall and automatically adjusts irrigation.
- Soil moisture sensor systems – monitors the moisture level in your soil and automatically adjusts irrigation.
Click here to learn more about Residential Device Rebates with SoCalWaterSmart.